7.13.2010

so domestic...



Look what I made!
My sister-in-law made these the other day and they were so delicious I asked for the recipe (which she got from her friend). 
Which is very unlike me as I'm not really a fan of cooking / recipe-making.
But they were super easy.
And super delicious.
If you're interested...

Cheese Biscuits

1 3/4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp dried parsley (we used fresh)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup shredded aged/old cheddar cheese
1 cup milk

In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, parsley and salt. With your fingers, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly (the original recipe says to use a pastry cutter but we both used our hands and it worked well). Add cheese and milk, mixing with fork until moist dough forms. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls (approx.), 1 1/2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet (I used a non-stick sheet). Bake in centre of 425F oven for 13 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned (it took 20 mins in my oven). Makes 12 biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment